The holidays are such a special time for our family. It’s when I am at my absolute happiest. So many memories are centered around the kitchen, including this hot chocolate recipe. While I’m not a girl that is big on sweets, my children and my husband love them. So check out this quick and simple Crock-Pot Hot Chocolate recipe. We opted to use almond milk since we are all a bit diary sensitive. All ingredients were under $10 and from Lidl!
- 6 Cups Vanilla Almond Milk
- 1 – 14 oz can Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 1/2 cups Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 Cups Milk Chocolate Chips (can substitute for semi-sweet)
- Mini Marshmallows for Topping
This recipe couldn’t get any simpler! Just grab all of your ingredients (minus the marshmallows for topping), place them in the slow cooker, stir, set to low and go! We left this in the slow cooker for about 2 1/2 hours on low while stirring approximately every 30 minutes just to make sure the chocolate didn’t burn on the bottom. It’s such a simple and fun recipe that you can start while the kids are watching Saturday morning cartoons and serve as an afternoon treat after nap time! We can’t wait to have this for Christmas Eve. We may even leave some for Santa.
This recipe yields approximately 8-10 servings, which makes it great for family gatherings! We had so much extra than our little house of 4 needed, so we took some over to our amazing neighbors.
Do you have any favorite family holiday recipes? Feel free to share!
Isn’t this how we all want to spend the holidays? Order your 12 oz wine tumbler here!
Share this post
- Tags: Baking, Christmas, Christmas Recipes, Crock-Pot, Family, Family Fun, Festive, fulfilment, Happiness, Holiday Recipes, Hot Chocolate, Hot Cocoa, Lidl, mom life, motherhood, Recipes, self-care